August 3, 2010

Thank You from Partner, Alan Sorkin

As many of you know, Founding Partner and Board Member, Alan Sorkin recently received a kidney transplant. Alan would like to thank his SDSVP community and friends for their support:

“I wish to thank all of you who sent cards, emails or donations wishing me a speedy recovery. I am doing really well, but will be stuck in the house for at least another month to minimize infection that could jeopardize the new organ. I am ready for visitors (especially at lunch time if you bring us both a sandwich). I the meantime, I will try and stay connected on conference calls.“

Many of you have asked about the amazing altruistic donor, Tirina who made this life-saving gift. Here is what she said on her MatchingDonors.com profile:

“I am a 23 year old female, looking to help someone in need. I do not drink or smoke. My blood type is A- . I want to do this after reading story after story of how many people are on the donor list, and how many people are forced to add their name to this list. Thankfully I do not know anyone that is in need and could not imagine knowing someone that would have to go through this scary thing, with no one to turn to.”

No comments: